Monday 10 November 2014

Make up tutorial research- Dirty nails


This make up tutorial is based on achieving dirty looking nails, which we could use within our horror trailer. This would be ideal as it would be used mainly on the protagonist as it would suggest them trying to dig themselves out of somewhere or even caused by someone dragging them across the ground! The way this individual has achieved this effect, was by using the use of black nail varnish and nail varnish remover. This is very effective material as it means you can easily remove it once finished by also creates a long lasting effect, meaning it would last for over a whole day of filming. This would furthermore mean that I would not have to top this nail effect up during the day of filming, which is ideal as we would need all the time we can get. However, a negative to this is that the nails, in my opinion are not dirty enough, meaning it does not look like soil or mud has done this. This tells me when I do my own tutorial on this I will use more earthy colours, such as, dark browns and yellow tinged browns, to ensure that the dirty nails look as though they have been caused by dirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment